The following documentation is needed as part of the admissions process:
- APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION FORM (PDF) [all applicants, except auditors]
- Proof of Citizenship (e.g. copy of birth certificate or current passport) or Certificate of Permanent Residency [all applicants]
- SUPPLEMENTARY APPLICATION FORM (PDF) [BTh applicants only]
- Certificate of Baptism [BTh applicants only]
- Certificate of Marriage, if applicable [BTh applicants only]
- Academic Records [all applicants, except auditors] – please include evidence of any formal language studies other than English
- Two (2) photographs of passport size and quality, taken not more than 3 months prior
- At least one letter of recommendation from the applicant's local bishop or father confessor/parish priest [Note: Any applicant from an Orthodox Christian jurisdiction other than the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia normally requires a letter of recommendation from their local bishop as well as their father confessor or parish priest].
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) documents or evidence of equivalent English Language test (if previous academic training was undertaken in a language other than English).
- FEE-HELP form, for students interested to access the federal government loan scheme as a means of paying for their tuition.
- An interview process with the Dean or Sub-Dean may be required. Interstate students may be referred to a person designated by St Andrew's.
Successful applicants will receive a letter of offer and other relevant information. Those accepting their offer of placement should nurture a good reading knowledge of the entire Bible through conscientious daily scripture reading.
Furthermore, the following book is recommended as preparatory reading for the commencement of one’s studies: McGuckin, J.A. The Orthodox Church: An Introduction to its History, Doctrine and Spiritual Culture. Wiley-Blackwell, 2011 (Paperback Edition).
This book can be purchased from a number of vendors including the online Book Centre of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia, 242 Cleveland St, Redfern NSW 2016. (Tel) 02 9690 6100 (Email) email@example.com.
Admission into a course of study is accompanied by enrolment into course units within a given semester. See Enrolment.
In terms of dormitory residency, St Andrew's provides free room & board to single male BTh applicants enrolled in the three year ecclesial program.